Thursday, March 5, 2009

the bouncy ball

We have a bouncy ball that was either bought somewhere, or came out of a cereal box. We've had it for a few years now. Alex played with it when he was just learning to walk. He'd love to run after it, following it around the kitchen. After he started saying basic sentences, we made a video of him playing with that ball. we still have the video; he's so cute in it. Well, after a while the ball disappeared, or so we thought. I was cleaning out behind the dryer the other day, and I found that ball again. Alex and I played with it today after lunch. We took turns bouncing it across the room. Alex would bring it to me, or bounce it to me so I could take my turn and throw it. He's been playing with it all day.
I think he rushed through dinner this evening so he could play some more with that ball. Last night, he was having fun pretending to be a dog, and we were playing fetch with him. We weren't throwing the bouncy ball for him to fetch, but rather, a soft ball we have in the living room. He has a baseball, a football, and a soccerball, all soft and squishy. We throw them for him to "fetch", it's a lot of fun. Do any of you throw balls to your kids indoors? If so, what kinds of games to you play? Let me know in a comment to this entry.

1 comment:

  1. My son used to like to "sit" for cheezits. He'd bring us the box and say he wanted to sit. When he did, he'd jump up to get the cheezit. He used to fetch sticks outside. Kids are fun.

    ReplyDelete