Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Chronicles of Narnia - book I - The Magician's Nephew

I listened to the dramatized version of book I in the Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis last night. It was very good. It was well presented. A young boy and girl get these magic rings that can transport them between worlds, and they happen upon a world that was just being born called Narnia. They meet the lion Aslan, the creator of the world. They accidentally bring a witch from another world (called Charn) into Narnia, therefore bringing evil into an otherwise peaceful land. In book II, which is called The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, that witch will be dealt with. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and plan to listen to the others. If any of you reading this blog have heard of either C. S. Lewis, or have heard of the books in the Narnia series, I urge you to give them a read starting with The Magician's Nephew, because this is how Narnia came into existence. I will post on each book as I read them, giving a little synopsis on it. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment